When an employee is diagnosed with cancer, there are a range of physical, practical and emotional impacts on the person, their colleagues and the workplace that need to be managed. It is important to create a workplace culture that supports employees undergoing cancer treatment, addresses barriers that prevent employees returning to work after treatment, and supports working care-givers.
Providing a supportive environment during an illness can help build team morale, encourage greater organisational loyalty and foster a positive image of the organisation.
The Live Life Deliberately program is to give you and your colleagues a better understanding of cancer.
The objective of our programs are to:
- Educate employees about cancer prevention
- Inspire employees to cope with cancer diagnosis
- Relook at how cancer is treated in the workplace
- Understand the impact of treatment choices
- Encourage employees to understand health rights
- Address diversity and disability in the workplace
- Prevent the collapse of an employee on diagnosis
- Support cancer survivors
- Incorporate laughter as a tool to connect and for stress management